Designer Floor Covering
Your Source for Discount, Mill-Direct Carpet and Floors
Hardwood Floor Options
Wood flooring has long been a hallmark of sophisticated taste and style, whether urban or rustic, contemporary or vintage. Prized for its natural beauty and timeless appeal, wood in the home provides richness and warmth. And thanks to the latest technology, hardwood elegance can now be achieved in any home and in any room of the house.
Children and pets. Kitchens, baths and basements. No matter the home. No matter the room. We have a wood floor that’s right for you.
There are three types of hardwood floors available to you:
- Solid hardwood flooring is a solid piece of wood from top to bottom.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is real wood from top to bottom that’s normally made using multiple wood veneers or slats of wood glued together at opposing directions. Engineered hardwood is an excellent choice for flooring and here’s why:
- It’s the most environmentally friendly. Engineered hardwood uses half as many trees as solid wood floors
- Engineered hardwood floors can be installed where solid hardwood floors cannot. You can install engineered hardwood below grade and direct to concrete which you can’t do with solid hardwood floors. It’s so versatile, you can even install it on walls!
- Engineered is more dimensionally stable and less likely to warp with seasonal change
- Composite engineered hardwood flooring contains real wood on the wearable surface only. The backing and core material may be made up of any type of composite material.
About Designer Floor Covering
Designer Floor Covering, LLC is a full service flooring dealer located at 7515 so. State in the Lighting Specialists center.
We are a family business and have been on state street for nearly 40 years.
We specialize in providing extraordinary customer service and design assistance when purchasing carpet and hard surface flooring. We carry apartment and builder grade, up to high end designer patterns.
Low Prices • Buy Local • Free Samples
Benefits of Hardwood Floors
In addition to their natural beauty, wood floors are crafted to stand up to all phases of life.
- Long-lasting. The life span of a wood floor can exceed 100 years, making it a tremendous value. When they start to lose their luster, some hardwood floors can easily be sanded and refinished multiple times to restore their beauty. As an alternative, if you do not wish to change the color, a screen and recoat process can refresh the coating and restore the luster of the floor. While hardwood floors are long-lasting, they can be prone to indentation because it’s a natural product. Keep this in mind while you’re shopping and try to find a brand that has extra protection.
- Attractive. Whether your home is traditional or contemporary, brand new or centuries old, wood floors offer endless design possibilities to fit your personal style.
- Easy to clean. Routine cleaning involves sweeping, dust mopping, or vacuuming on the bare floor setting.
- Allergy-friendly. Hardwood doesn’t harbor mold, dust, or animal dander like carpeting does, which makes it better for homes of allergy sufferers.
- Increase a home’s value. According to a Quantitative Evaluation of Real Estate Professionals for the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA), homes with wood floors sell faster and for more money than homes without them. The study also found that many real estate agents indicate identical homes with wood floors can sell for up to 10% more.